Small or large, every business needs planned and effective marketing strategies. It is simply not possible to grow a business without effective marketing. In today’s world the competition is very…
Facebook Marketing: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners
Facebook is the biggest social media platform in the world, with 2.27 billion active users. Small or big, each type of businesses are now promoting their services/products on Facebook. It’s a great place to keep your customers informed and broaden your reach.
In this article, we’ll show you some major components of Facebook marketing.
1. Optimize your Facebook Business Page
Your business page is the center of attraction. Your page should be optimized well so that your customers can easily find you on search engine result pages.
It should be appealing to your customers so that they get engaged with your page. Here are some quick suggestions:
- Choose a descriptive, creative and memorable username. It should match with your brand name.
- Put quality information (about your services, products) in your about section. and use descriptive keywords too. Don’t forget to include your website URL in your description.
- Use optimized images for your page. Your cover photo and profile photo should be good quality, and it should reflect the look and feel of your brand. According to facebook terms and conditions, your cover photo should be 851*315 and your profile image should be 160*160.
- Use the power of “Facebook groups” to engage with your target audience. Groups are a very good source of traffic.
2. Increase followers
Having facebook like and share button at the bottom of each article is a smart decision. Your website and a facebook page should work together to enhance the customer experience.
When a user visits your site, he must see facebook like and share buttons so that he can click on it and directly jump to your business page.
So the main goal is to give your website visitors the chance to like and interact with your business page. If you are using WordPress for your website you can do this with a simple and effective WordPress plugin “Facebook Button“.
3. Set a fixed posting time
Post timing and scheduling do really matter on Facebook. “Two posts a day” rule works if you can approx. 500 – 5000 followers. But if you want to increase your audience reach on facebook then 3 posts a day can be really beneficial.
One post a day is also not bad if you are doing it regularly in fact for some business categories (Web design, SEO, Online marketing) it’s more appropriate.
Some important ways to improve your post quality:
- Set a time and always post at the same time
- Fill your daily social schedule
- Keep it consistent
- Use quality and relevant hashtags
- Write long and quality post descriptions
- Write eye-catching titles
Consistency is the key to success. So never miss a single day posting something new on Facebook.
4. Promote your posts
You can promote your Facebook posts and your promoted posts can be accessed via your facebook ads manager. Promoted posts reach to more audience. You can select the audience that you want to see your post.
On the other hand, you can set your post budget. You’re in full control of how much you want to spend on your post.
There are lots of other settings you can manage like post location, audience age, gender, language etc. Everything can be easily manageable through facebook ad creator page.
5. Power of Facebook Ads
On the other hand, Facebook ads can be really helpful if you want to promote your business page rather then a single post.
Facebook ads are one of the most popular and effective marketing solutions. With the help of ads, you can increase your website traffic and boost conversions rate. Ads also allow you to set your budgeting options.
Facebook is not just a powerful social platform, it’s flexible too. No matter what type of business your run online, it has enough online marketing options that can really help you grow your business.
It is still growing at a rapid pace, and thousands of thousand new businesses are joining it each and every day.
So, if you want to promote your business services/products, you should not neglect this powerful and effective platform. If it’s not a current part of your digital marketing campaign, it should be.